Since opening in 2000, the culture at Alliance has been one with an entrepreneurial spirit that consistently pushes the evolution of the multifamily industry. As a result, we’ve revolutionized the apartment living experience and continue to be recognized for delivering world-class services and exceptional customer experiences. And that’s really why we are here in the first place – to build homes, lifestyles, and opportunities for those who call Alliance home. It’s this mission that propels us forward each day, motivating us to craft work environments that are engaging, empowering, and dedicated to professional advancement.
If you’re looking for a fast-pace, ever-evolving career that rewards grit and perseverance, you’ve come to the right place. Welcome home.
As our Portfolio Reporting Manager, you will contribute to the success of the organization by overseeing financial reporting and compliance for the construction, development, and investment departments. You will have the opportunity to work with development divisions to understand unique acquisition or asset management transactions, research accounting treatment, and propose adjusting entries to properly reflect property financial statements. In addition, you will play an instrumental role in coordinating property audit PBC list, and partner with external audit engagement team through testing questions. You will continue to expand your own knowledge and leadership skills working under the direction of the Vice President of Accounting.
• Prepare position papers and supporting documentation for calculations for audit files on technical accounting matters for property financial statements
• Assist ELT with transaction structuring, legal documentation review, and strategy planning for new equity and/or debt relationships
• Maintain portfolio level tracking and analyses
• Analyze deal documentation including venture agreements, partnership agreements, construction contracts, loan documents for necessary compliance with accounting and administrative requirements
• Assist institutional investor partners with compliance and detail review requests
• Perform portfolio analyses and establish asset management oversight team
• Maintain financial records for capital transactions including initial acquisition and disposition activity
• Assist in due diligence activities relative to project closings
• Maintain and build cash flow models; Review project forecasting and financial analyses
• Review operating cash distribution requests; coordinate approval with investor
• Coordinate with Property Management accounting for pro ration review, review post close true ups
• B.A./B.S. degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
• Two to three years of previous accounting management experience in a relevant industry and/or nationally recognizable public accounting firm
• CPA preferred, or eligible to take CPA exam and working toward becoming certified